Monday, September 17, 2007

swingers

We are swingers! In the classic sense, I mean. Thursday the boy and I tried the swings at his school together. It went great! They didn't have baby swings, so he sat in my lap and I held on. We went slowly, but we went. Big smiles.

Then on Saturday I took him to the park with some friends, and he went on the baby swing all by himself. By Himself! He hung in the front because he's so small compared to the swing, but he liked it--giggling all the way. Sunday, we went to a park closer to home with Daddy/Dear Hubby. Fun all over again, but Daddy was smarter than me. Instead of hanging from the front of the swing, he tried actually sitting Little Boy toward the back to hang on. I didn't try this because, I'm ashamed to say, I didn't think he had it in him, but that'll teach me for next time. Let the kid try it (whatever it is); he can probably do it. He can at least try! (Easily said - we'll see how that goes when it's actually Next Time.)

No comments: