Tuesday, September 11, 2007

green bean face

Today was the first day that my son, six months old on Thursday, tried food that wasn't breastmilk, formula, or (newly) cereal. Today was green beans. Bless his little heart, he's so excited about eating food. When we eat, he's watching our every move, wants to grab for our food - he really wants to eat like we do. He's been excited all through rice cereal, oatmeal and barley cereal. Really excited. Now green beans, a big milestone. So excited, grinning from ear to ear, eagerly grabbing for the spoon and leaning into it. However, with each bite, he made worse and worse faces. Let the contortions begin! The last bite was the last one because the face he made was so hideous that I didn't have the heart to give him anymore, though I think he would've done it. It's going to take a lot to erase green bean face from my mental archives. If Dear Hubby had been home, I'd have had him film it, but no such luck, and I couldn't hold spoon and camera at the same time. Shame.

No comments: