Thursday, October 7, 2010

should I get the frequent buyer card?

We were at a sporting goods store this evening, and that's not a place I frequent. However, we needed shin guards and soccer socks for a certain someone. He's very excited, and luckily, soccer's not a very expensive sport to undertake, especially for a three-year-old.

As I was checking out, the cashier asked me if I had a frequent buyer card, and I said that I didn't have one because I don't do a lot of sports-like things. I got to thinking that probably I'll be needing more and more sports paraphenalia here soon. I may become a frequent buyer. Oh dear. The boy may soon figure out how unprepared I am (literally, not figuratively) for the world of sports. Piano lessons? Got you covered! Theater or choir? Ready to help! Language? Sure. Sports? I've got nothing. Been flying under the radar with that to date, but for how much longer?

No comments: