Saturday, December 17, 2011

good days and better days

Hard as it is to fathom, I was just writing (and, gratefully, deleted) a very ungrateful post.  How can I be so ungrateful?  And, dare I say it, about Christmas?  It's too awful to contemplate.

Mid-way through, my Gorgeous started doing an amazing booty dance to the theme music to "Tangled," reminding me what an ungrateful wretch I was being.  Seriously - just like that.

Practice what you preach, Sister.

Being involved with different volunteer opportunities and opening my eyes a little has been a constant reminder that I don't have bad days.  I have good days, better days, and some really great ones.  I don't wonder where my kid will get food or clothes, or whether he'll live to see his next birthday (a few freak, irrational panic attacks aside), or whether I married the right man, or why I'm unloved or alone.

Good reminder.  Back on track.  Lucky to be here.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: