Thursday, March 24, 2011

See, I told you, Mommy

There's a lot of that going on around our house right now, along with a lot of "See, I was right and you were wrong." It doesn't matter whether he actually has told me, either. It also doesn't matter whether I had said anything contrary to the rightness - if he's right, I must be wrong. Or if something occurs in the matter of course, it must prove something about him right.

Let's say, for example, that we're driving to school. Let's say a school bus gets on the highway, and we've not spoken of school busses for a year. It might provoke a, "See, Mommy - you were wrong, and I was right. I told you we'd see a school bus this morning!" Endearing? Not so much.

Tonight, driving home from Sam's Club, I got this: "Aidan, somebody's not always wrong, and no one's always right." "I am, Mommy - I'm always right, and you're always wrong. I just am. See, Mommy?"

No comments: