Saturday, March 8, 2008

a very anticlimactic day for birthdays

This time of year is full of birthdays. In fact, today Jessica is 10 and Belle is 9 - both had birthday blowouts planned for today. We had two other parties today, too - one for Josephine, who will be a year old on St. Patty's day, and one for dear Aidan.

That was the plan.

None of these birthday parties happened today. Instead, about a foot and a half of snow happened. While it was fun to be snowed in today and play, Daddy didn't have fun shoveling us out for three hours this morning, and I'm sure there were some very disappointed little girls who didn't get to have parties. In fact, today felt like any other day when you don't have to get out of your jammies. (There's no proof that I was one of the people who didn't...)

Aidan's party has been relocated to tomorrow - luckily, it's a tiny guest list and I've planned very easy food, which made it flexible enough to reschedule. I sure hope Jessica and Belle are as lucky. I'm sure Josephine won't mind; I know Aidan doesn't.

No comments: