Sunday, November 16, 2008

At some point, will I stop being surprised?

The latest surprise for me came Friday night. We were watching Happy Feet (beware spoiler), and at a point where the baby penguin was in mortal peril and very frightened, Aidan melted down. He didn't melt down during the attack, he melted down after it, when the little penguin was hiding and collecting himself. Sadly, I had underestimated Aidan to think he wouldn't get the nuance. I'm guessing I won't stop underestimating him, but I hope that I will. I prefer to think of it as being surprised.

There's a museum near us that focuses just on little fellas - those under 5 or so. We went Saturday morning with some friends, and it was a huge, huge hit! They have a water table with flowing water, sprinklers, and PVC pipe that they can build with, several musical instruments, a theater complete with costumes, places to climb, train tables, legos, sand, building and such. It's a wonderland! We'll definitely be going back there during the winter when it's harder to get out. If anyone has other ideas about great places to go with a little guy during the winter, please let me know. My short list has the library and a rec center on it. I'm still new at this.

No comments: