Saturday, November 29, 2008

There is a good kind of tired,

and this is it. I got to swim today, and it felt positively yummy. I never thought I'd wax poetic about the opportunity to do a workout, but boy, was that nice. I've been riding a (rather sad) exercise bike that we've got in our basement, so I've felt good for the last few weeks that at least I'm doing something active. Honestly, it's the first I've really done since Aidan's been born, other than running around at the park and such. I know it's about time, but better sometime than never, right? It was a real treat to do something different, and I'd forgotten how much I enjoy swimming. I like the peace of swooshing through the water. I'm not a very good swimmer; I don't let that bother me, though. Slow and steady, slow and steady. Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh.

No comments: