Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am not a teenager

and yet, I just stood in line to get the autograph of the second-yummiest man on the planet (my husband is first, of course). Harry Connick, Jr. I don't care how dorky that makes me - the man can play most instruments, tap dance, sing, and act, is funny and adorable in most ways that I can tell - without actually knowing him, that is. I started having a crush on him while I was in college, which wasn't yesterday. He's gracious enough to come outside in the cold after a concert and sign autographs just to be nice. Kudos.

Like most celebrities seem to be, he's shorter than I thought, but that's okay. He can wail on piano (I once saw him tap dance a drum solo on one, but today he was just playing it). He can make that piano sing, and bring a tear to your eye.

My hubby, a very good man, is aware of my crush and okay with it. I called to tell him I was waiting for an autograph - he asked me if it was just me or lots of people (lots - including my sis and her husband). I asked him what he thought, and he said he thought I was a little nuts, but "more power to me." See - my hubby really is the yummiest.

No comments: