Wednesday, June 1, 2011

you don't know what it'll be, but you know it'll be hilarious

Today's episode happened this morning as I was getting ready for work. We did a bunch of landscaping on Monday and are watering so that the flowers will take root. I asked Aidan, as I was putting on my "face," whether he'd bring the sprinkler in (drag it onto the deck so that the hose wouldn't stay in the grass all day). He excitedly yelled "Sure!" and I thought to myself how lucky I am to have a boy who loves to help that much. I heard him tear up the stairs and out onto the deck. I looked out the window to ensure he was on track and in sight, and before I knew what was happening, he was running around naked in the back yard through the sprinkler like the little nutball he is! Apparently, he misheard me and thought I'd asked whether he wanted to play in the sprinkler, not put it away. (How that equals naked, I'm still not sure.) I called out to our neighbor, Marvin, "Sorry about the naked!" He answered, "Hey - that's how we all came in!" Thank goodness he has a sense of humor (and two kids)!

No comments: