Monday, February 1, 2010

Black cloud

There appears to be a black cloud over the electronics in our house. I'm not sure what the message behind that is, but I don't dig it.

First, our "nice" TV - the one that, instead of getting a flatscreen, we built into a wall so as not to take up as much space - is on the fritz.  My brilliant husband has figured out that, if you unplug it overnight, it will work for a period of time the next day.  This is extremely handy.

Second, as I mentioned before, our brand new Wii died.  Naturally, you can't just take a new, dead Wii back and get a new one - you must send it out for repairs.  Got it back, and guess what?  Same issue.  They were unable to find anything wrong with it, but magically, at our house, no go.  Luckily, I've found a way around its "feature."  Cool feature, too - the screen goes blank white at random times with no discernable pattern.

Finally, as noted in my vindication of Sucker Punch, I bought my son a new CD player.  Never mind that the old one died; the new one also isn't quite right.  Seriously?  How much more simple can electronics be than a CD player?

What's going on around here?

No comments: