Monday, September 22, 2008

Alright, I'll tell you where i've been -

my beautiful baby sister's wedding!

It was this weekend, and it was truly lovely. It was love-filled (love-ful?). She was gorgeous and radiant, and she deserves every second of it. She's in St. Lucia now, hopefully frolicking in the sand without a care.

Her gown - oh, the gown. A friend made it, and it's stunning. My sis is a girl who loves Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, who can sing along to any big band song and tell you whose band it is and who's singing, and who can pull off vintage. Vintage it is - a 1957 pattern and vintage fabric, even vintage fasteners. She was gorgeous like a cross between Audrey Hepburn and Cinderella. See?
We got to spend lots of time together getting ready for the wedding and over the weekend itself, too, which was wonderful. She and I are both busy - she's got a full-time job and is a military reservist (gorgeous and could also kick your butt), and I'm about choc full myself. The time was very special for me and my girl, and I've been treasuring it. We picked out the cake and flowers, we made the favors (glue guns are a new fave for both of us), we ran around and took care of details. She stayed with us the night before the wedding, and we took her to breakfast (on her wedding day, she must eat, must breathe, must drink water, must not lock knees), and I did everything in my power to make sure that she loved every minute. I believe she did - complete success!
Oh, and if anyone ever asks you for some wedding advice, tell them this: rent a photo booth for the evening. You can set it to make two copies of each strip of pictures. She set out a guest book and asked that everyone take photos and leave one copy in the guest book with a note. It's priceless!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love glue guns, but not as much as I love that dress. I am covetous of that dress.

Ambley said...

Truly, it is worthy of covet. I am impressed beyond belief with my friend (and business partner) who made it. Made It.

I am also impressed with you and tales of your new home. Hope to see it. :)